If you have building demolition plans in your future, then you will want to consider the following steps. These steps will help you to successfully secure a building demolition contractor who knows what they are doing, will treat you well, and will finish the job as described.
- Gather Information – Your building demolition contractor will need to know some information about the building needing to be demolished, such as:
- What materials are in the building?
- Do you want to keep the foundation, and how thick is the foundation?
- How big is the structure you want to demolish?
- What do the surrounding areas look like? Are there other buildings, power lines, or landscaping that we need to avoid?
- Estimates – Now that you have your basic information, it’s time to call and get estimates. We recommend getting 3-5 estimates. We do not recommend hiring the least expensive building demolition contractor. You get what you pay for, and going with the least expensive often means you are going with a new company or one that may cut corners.
- Written Contract – We highly recommend that you obtain a written contract with the building demolition contractor. Within this contract should be the timeline, costs, equipment being used, and work to be completed.
- Monitor the Job – As the job progresses, we recommend that you check in to make sure that the job is being completed per the written contract.
At Double D Construction Services, Inc., we have been in business since 1995. We are very experienced in building demolition and aim to provide a professional, timely, and friendly service. Give us a call today to discuss your next demolition project and to get an estimate.