Mold testing is important for maintaining a safe environment and sanitary home. If you think you may have seen it around but are unsure, here is a small description of what it can look like: it is slimy, fuzzy, filmy, and comes in many different colors like orange, white, and black. Mold is a fungus that grows almost anywhere. It grows in nature and can be beneficial for that environment, but when it grows in the home, it can cause a lot of damage that is expensive. It can destroy:
- Ceiling tiles
With everything in the home being eaten away, things can collapse or break down, furniture would need to be replaced, and even your health could be put at risk. Mold testing could help prevent further damage to both your home and your health. Inhaling mold can cause health risks and severe allergic reactions such as:
- Asthma attacks
- Runny nose
- Red eyes
- Shortness of breath
You may think that spraying it with bleach can fix the problem quickly, but that may not be the case. Yes, it may disappear on the surface and seem like it has gone away, but that may only be on the surface. Internally, it may be worse than you know. It could possibly be doing additional damage without you even noticing. Give us a call today, so we can head over and mold test your home. It is better to be safe than sorry.